The Breede Valley Municipality invites South African students to apply for Bursary Programme 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded to students residing within the greater Breede Valley municipal area, for undergraduate studies in fields related to local government.
Bursaries are awarded for 1 academic year of study and can be used to pay towards students accommodation, meals or transportation, registration fees, class fees, exam fees, and book fees. It is NOT a full-cost bursary.
Bursary awards will be paid directly into the tertiary institutions bank account.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within the area of the Breede Valley Municipality, in the Western Cape pronvince (Worcester, De Dooms, Rawsonville, and Touwsrivier)
- You must be currently in Matric in 2022 or have completed Matric
- You must pass or have passed Matic with a minimum overall average of 50%
- You must preferably be studying or intend on studying in a fields related to local government
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised and accredited tertiary educational institution in South Africa
- You must NOT be receiving any other bursary award (including NSFAS)
How to apply
Download Breede Valley Municipality Bursary Application Form 2023 (.pdf)
Alternatively, hard copy application forms can also be collected from the Breede Valley Municipality in Worcester, as wells as at the libraries in Rawsonville, Worcester, De Doorns, Touwsrivier.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record, if currently studying (on institutes letterhead)
- Proof of tertiary registration (on institutes letterhead)
- Breakdown of study fees, including book fees (on institutes letterhead)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ bank statements if self-employed/ proof of grant or pension if applicable/ death certificate if deceased)
- Proof of residence (municipal account)
Applications must be submitted in either of the following ways:
The Manager: Human Resources
Private Bag X3046
– Hand delivery:
53 B Baring Street
Bursary Application Closing date is 02 December 2022