The Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) is often considered a good post-graduate qualification to advance your undergraduate qualification in education and be better prepared to teach in schools at a secondary phase level. Here is how you can apply for one at Wits University.
The Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) is a qualification that prepares teachers for the Senior Phase (SP) of schooling (grades 7-9) and the Further Education and Training (FET) of schooling (grades 10-12).
The programme can be completed within a duration of one year of full-time enrolment, two years on a part-time basis. You can apply for the programme at one of the country’s most prestigious university’s Wits University. Here is how you can do it.
- Use the course finder on www.wits.ac.za/postgraduate/ to confirm the entry requirements and closing date of your chosen course.
- Complete an online application form at www.wits.ac.za/applications/
- Some courses may require additional departmental forms, which you may have to completed and submitted within a specified timeframe.
- Upload supporting documents (certified within the last three months) through the self-service portal: https://self-service.wits.ac.za/
- Pay the application fee of R200. Current Wits students who apply online are not required to pay this fee.
- You can then track your application on the university’s Self Service Portal: https://self-service.wits.ac.za
Applications are handled by the Student Enrolment Centre(SEnC). Upon completing your application, it will then be referred to the relevant school for assessment.
Applicants have also been urged to note that meeting the entry requirements does not guarantee placement. Final selection is made subject to the availability of places, academic results and other entry requirements where applicable.
If you have any questions or updates, comment below. Don’t forget to share this Post.
Share this post with your Friends: