Are you a parent who is looking to cancel your SASSA child grant? Here is how you can go about doing so.
The South African Social Security Agency has stated that in order for parents to cancel their SASSA Child grant, they must visit their nearest SASSA branch and submit the following documents:
- Letter of appointment or copy of latest payslip
- Latest 3 months bank statement
- Birth certificate of the child
- And the parent’s Identity Document
The SASSA child grant is a grant that is paid out on a monthly basis by the South African Social Security Agency to children aged 18 or younger, who were born after 31 December 1993 and reside in South Africa.
How to apply for a child support grant:
- Visit and apply at your nearest SASSA office.
- Complete the application form in the presence of a SASSA officer.
- You will be given a receipt once the application is complete.
- Ensure you keep the receipt as it is your only proof of registration.
- Provide the child’s birth certificate.
- Provide the identity document of the caregiver.
- Please note that you cannot apply for more than six non-biological children.
If your grant application is successful, you will be paid from the date on which you applied. You will also be issued with a SASSA payment card which you will use to access the money.
Share this post with your Friends: