Illovo Sugar South Africa invites South African students to apply for Bursary Programme 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for undergraduate studies within the following fields:
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering (heavy current and light current)
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, exam fees, prescribed textbooks, meals and accommodation.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 4 weeks after the closing date – if you do not receive any feedback by the end of December 2022, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying towards an undergraduate qualification in one of the fields of study listed above
- You must be in your first or second of study
- You must be studying at a recognised and accredited University or University of Technology in South Africa
- You must NOT be receiving any other bursary award or NSFAS funding
- You must be from a previously disadvantaged background
- Preference will be given to students from communities surrounding Illovo SA operations
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online at: Illovo Sugar Bursary Application 2023
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record/ transcripts (certified copy)
- Proof of University or University of Technology registration (certified copy).
Bursary Application Closing date is 25 November 2022