Login to JAMB CAPS Portal, Check your Admission Status, Accept or Reject Admission on JAMB CAPS 2021/2022 – If these are your needs, then read on as I have covered the whole process step by step for your convenience. Both UTME and Direct Entry Candidates that have confirmed their Admission Status on the JAMB CAPS are required to show their acceptance or rejection of the admission offer through the JAMB CAPS Portal.
2021 JAMB CAPS Admission Portal Login has been activated. The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has activated the Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) portal for UTME and Direct Entry candidates to accept or reject their admission offer.
JAMB CAPS is part of the new admission policy initiated to ensure transparency, credibility, and flexibility in admission processes. All tertiary admissions are performed online through the Central Admission Processing System (CAPS), therefore, candidates seeking admission into Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges of Education and Other tertiary institutions in Nigeria for the 2021 Academic Session are advised to visit the JAMB CAPS portal to check their admission status and also indicate the acceptance or rejection of their admission.
The Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) is perceived as a ‘market place’ in the JAMB portal where institutions can go and ‘request for students in Nigeria who score their cut off points.’
How to ACCEPT or REJECT Admission on JAMB CAPS Using PC:
- Go to JAMB E-facility portal at http://www.jamb.org.ng/efacility/.
- Supply your Email Address and Password in the required columns and then login.
- Then locate and click on ‘Check 2021 UTME/DE Admission Status on CAPS‘.
- Select ‘Admission Status‘ on the left panel.
- Locate and click on the ‘Search‘ button in front of your JAMB Registration Number to load your profile.
- You can now accept/reject your admission offer under ‘Admission Profile’.
- If you are checking with your phone and see welcome message only while you click on CAPS, don’t be annoyed. Just use the desktop version to see the menu and then click on check admission status (Click on the three dots on Google Chrome Browser and scroll down to see desktop site).
IMPORTANT: Once you accept the admission, your admission quest is over as you will no longer be available for other schools’ admission consideration. On the other hand, if you reject the admission, you become available to other schools who have free admission slots for admission consideration.
Note: Acceptance/rejection of admission offer is free!
After accepting your admission by clicking the Accept button as described above, you may want to proceed to print your JAMB admission letter as this will be required by your institution of choice for clearance.
Meaning of JAMB Admission Status Messages on JAMB CAPS Portal
If your Admission Status on the CAPS Portal shows “NOT ADMITTED”, it could be that your school of choice is yet to send the proposed the list of admitted candidates to JAMB. However, if your school of choice has released its admission list and your admission status on CAPS Portal still shows “NOT ADMITTED” then it simply means that you have not been considered for admission in that school.
For those that their Admission Status reads “RECOMMENDED”, the possible meaning to that is, though your school of choice has considered you for admission, JAMB is still reviewing your admission to ensure it complies with all the necessary criteria put in place by your school of choice and JAMB.
On the other hand, if you see “ADMISSION IN PROGRESS…” it is likely that you have met the requirements to be admitted in your school of choice but not yet considered for admission due to issues like admission quota, ELDS, Male to female ratio, etc. This means you may have a chance of being admitted if some other candidates that were offered admission in the school decide to reject the admission.
Information for those who are yet to be admitted.
- Candidates who have not been offered admission should closely monitor their admission through JAMB CAPS.
- Candidates who used “awaiting result” during their registration are to upload their O’Level result on JAMB portal so that their institution of choice will be able to process their admission.
Congrats in advance on your admission.
If you have any question or correction regarding this post, kindly Drop a Comment below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
Am sure this post helps you with what you needed about the JAMB CAPS Admission Status 2021. Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.
Share this post with your Friends: