Lindiwe Sisulu – Biography, Age, Husband, Education & Net Worthpolitician and member of the African National Congress.
She was appointed as Minister of Human Settlements, Water & Sanitation under President Cyril Ramaphosa administration on 30 May 2019.
She has been a member of the South African parliament since the year 1994.
Lindiwe Sisulu Age
She was born on 10 May 1954
Lindiwe Sisulu Parents
Her parents are Walter and Albertina Sisulu. They were both revolutionary leaders. Zwelakhe and Max Sisulu are Lindiwe’s siblings.
Lindiwe Sisulu Husband
Lindiwe Sisulu was married to Kenyan Professor, Prof. Rok Ajulu for 20 years from 1996 to 2016.
Her husband died on December 26, 2016, after a long battle with pancreatic cancer. Ajulu was 66 years old.
They had four children together; Ayanda Sisulu, Ntsiki Sisulu, Che Samora Ajulu and Vuyo Sisulu. The late Professor also had a son named Achieng Ajulu Bushell from a previous relationship.
Sisulu attended Waterford Kamhlaba United World College of Southern Africa in Mbabane, Swaziland.
She went on to the University of Swaziland where she obtained a BA degree and Diploma in Education, and a BA Hons in History in 1980 and 1981 respectively.
Lindiwe Sisulu holds an MA in History and an M Phil from the Centre for Southern African Studies of the University of York.
- Minister of Human Settlements, Water & Sanitation since 30 May 2019
- Minister of International Relations and Cooperation from 27 February 2018 – 29 May 2019
- Minister of Human Settlements from 26 May 2014 – 26 February 2018
- Minister of Public Service and Administration from 12 June 2012 – 25 May 2014
- Minister of Defence from 10 May 2009 – 12 June 2012
- Minister of Housing from 29 April 2004 – 10 May 2009
- Minister of Intelligence from 24 January 2001 – 28 April 2004