Luhlaza Advisory and Consulting invites South African unemployed graduates to apply for Graduate / Internship Programme 2022 / 2023.
A fixed term internship opportunity exists at Luhlaza Advisory and Consulting (Pty) Ltd for Geology Interns in our Johannesburg office. This opportunity is made available through the Mining Qualification Authority’s (MQA) discretionary grant funding policy.
The opportunity is available for the following disciplines:
- Geology (x3)
Purpose of the Roles:
To obtain practical training through a structured 24-month programme applicable to the field of Geology. This opportunity will afford the graduate exposure to the working environment whilst earning regulated benefits as per the discretionary grant funding policy of the MQA.
Experience and Skills
The candidate must
- Have a BSc Hons degree in Geology
- Be a South African citizen
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Be available and willing to travel and work in the field (for varying durations), both locally and internationally
- Possess good written and communication skills
- Be proficient in MS word, MS excel and MS PowerPoint
- Have a desire to learn and grow quickly
- Be willing to work across disciplines, and develop a diverse skill set
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist line manager with major and minor projects to be detailed in objectives.
- Ensure adherence to all company health and safety practices and procedures.
- Assist with core logging and supervision of drilling programmes
- Assist with filing and document control for samples
- Assist with coordinating project schedules for field work
- Assist with compiling field reports and evaluating field data
- Assist with preparation of proposals
- Focus areas include but are not limited to: logging of exploration boreholes, geological mapping, data capturing, execution of exploration programmes.
How to apply
Luhlaza Advisory and Consulting is an equal employment opportunity employer and values diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people. Preference will be given to applicants from the designated groups and only qualifying applicants should submit a comprehensive CV to email@example.com by no later than 24 June 2022.
Internship Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng.
Internship Closing Date: 24 June 2022.