The Mossel Bay Municipality invites South African students to apply for Bursary Programme 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded to students residing within the Mossel Bay Municipality, for undergraduate studies in the following fields:
- Civil Engineering
- Economic Development
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Health
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Public Administration
- Town and Regional Planning
- Any other municipal related field
The bursary will cover the following expenses: tuition fees, registration fees, prescribed textbooks and/or study material. The bursary will NOT provide cover for accommodation, meals or allowances.
Bursary funding will be paid directly to the Educational Institution, after receiving proof of supporting documentation.
Current bursary recipients must re-apply for funding each year, which will be granted based on the bursary criteria.
Bursaries will be awarded based on the availability of funds from the Mayoral Relief and Charitable Fund.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 40 days of the closing date – if you have not received any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within the Mossel Bay Municipality area
- You must be currently in Matric in 2022 or have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time, towards an undergraduate qualification within one of the fields of study listed above, in 2023
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa (SAQA accredited tertiary or TVET institution)
- You must have a gross household income of NOT more than R15 000 per month
How to apply
Download and complete the Mossel Bay Municipality Bursary Application Form 2023 (.pdf)
Alternatively, you may collect a copy of the application form at the Mossel Bay Municipality Human Resource Office, Old Power Station Building, Munro Street, Santos Beach.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Most recent academic record, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Testimonial from high school principal
- Affidavit confirming school attendance from Grades 10 to 12 within the Mossel Bay Municipal Area
- Proof of residential address (municipal account)
- Proof of any other bursary funding received
- Proof of application/ registration/ acceptance at a tertiary institute (on institutions letterhead)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ SASSA letter or proof of pension or child grant if applicable)
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
– Email: email@example.com
(Insert the words “Mossel Bay Municipality Bursary 2023” in the email subject line).
– Hand delivey:
Old Power Station Building
The Senior Manager (Human Resources)
P O Box 25
Bursary Application Closing date is 25 November 2022