Home Funding NSFAS Website Giving You Errors? Here’s What To Do

NSFAS Website Giving You Errors? Here’s What To Do


Have you been experiencing difficulties with submitting your online NSFAS application lately? Here’s what you can do about it.

With NSFAS applications currently open for the 2022 academic year. Millions of prospective students have been submitting their online applications on the National Student Financial Aid Scheme’s website.

However, some applicants have experienced challenges with accessing the website, with some saying that even if they manage to log in they are unable to add their personal details.

In response, NSFAS has stated that they are currently experiencing these errors due a large volume of users causing traffic on the site’s portal.

Applicants have been advised to consider using a different device to a cell phone such as a desktop computer and follow these steps.

  • Use Google Chrome
  • Clear browser
  • Refresh page

For those who are yet to submit their NSFAS applications, this is how they can do it

How To Apply

  • Register on myNSFAS
  • Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab
  • Complete the sections on the screen by providing the required information
  • Upload required supporting documents where applicable
  • Click on ‘Submit’  Documents. These documents should include:

The required supporting documents include:

  • A copy of ID or temporary ID issued by the Department of Home Affairs will be accepted
  • Non-SASSA applicants must provide ID copies of parent/s, legal guardian/guardian or spouse
  • Smart ID cards: a copy with both sides of the smart ID must be provided
  • Proof of income: applicant and/or parents/legal guardian/spouse (where applicable (non-SASSA) should provide the latest payslip, not older than 3 months, UIF letter, appointment letter, retrenchment letter (applicant and/or parent(s), legal guardian/spouse)
  • A person with disabilities: to complete Disability Annexure A form.

NSFAS funding includes accommodation, transport, living allowance, book allowances and incidental/personal care allowances.

Should you not be able to apply on your own, you can head to a National Youth Development Agency (NYDA) Centre, a Thusong Centre or one of the application partner centres near you.

Share this post with your Friends:

Previous articleApplication Centres Where You Can Apply For NSFAS
Next articleGert Sibande TVET College Student Login – Sign in to Your School Portal


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here