The Safety and Security Sector Education and Training Authority (SASSETA): Bursaries 2023:m The Safety and Security Sector Education and Training Authority (SASSETA) invites applications from student to apply for Bursary Programme 2023 academic year.
SASSETA is inviting students to apply for the Discretionary Grants 1st Funding Window bursary programme, for the 2023/ 2024 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded to unemployed students, for studies within these fields:
The bursary will provide cover up to following values:
- R80 000 per student for full-time studies, for the following expenses: tuition fees, textbooks, on campus accommodation or university approved accommodation and meals.
- R35 000 per student for part-time studies or distance learning, for the following expenses: tuition fees and textbooks.
Bursaries are awarded for 1 academic year at a time and may be renewed each year (for the full duration of the study programme), on condition that the bursary recipient pass at least 60% of their modules including their major subject.
Applicants must also download and read the SASSETA Bursary Policy 2021 to 2023 (.pdf) before applying.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be between 18 and 35 years old
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or registered to study within one of the fields of study listed above, in 2023
- You must be registered or accepted to study at a recognised and accredited public University/ University of Technology/ Public TVET College in South Africa (private institution students may only apply if their course of study is not offered at any of the public institutions)
- You must have a household income of NOT more than R600 000 per annum
- You must be unemployed
- You must NOT be taking part in any other SASSETA funded programme (internship, learnership or skills programme) within the current financial year (April 2023 to March 2024)
- Preference will be given to: students living with disabilities, female students and students who do NOT have any other bursary funding or NSFAS
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online at: SASSETA Bursary Application Form 2023
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disqualified):
- ID Document (certified copy: not older than 6 months)
- Matric certificate or statement of results (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance/ registration for the 2023 academic year (on institutions letterhead)
- Parents or guardians ID Documents (certified copies)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed or self employed, proof of pension or grant if applicable)
Note: supporting documents must not be larger than 20 Megabytes (MB) each.
Bursary Application Closing Date: 28 February 2023